Saturday, September 4, 2010

A fresh start...

This was a great summer! I enjoyed time off, cuddling my boys, spending time with my hubby, and finding refuge at a church. I went into the summer with worry. What were we going to do about Adam's job? Would we have to relocate? How was I going to have a blast with my boys all summer with a budget of $0?
We also had some excitement... With all that we had been through at church, what could God possibly have next for us? We had several options come about that we prayed over and kept seeking answers. Fellowship of the Parks kept Adam busy. He led worship at both of their church plants and also led their Sunday evening service a couple of times. I even got involved in Summer Spectacular (VBS) and got to hang with a great group of third graders.
At one point things started to fall into place for a local church and we were getting really excited but as fast as the opportunity came-it went. Disappoint, yes. Discouraged, getting there. Defeated, not at all. Slowly, we began to come to grips with the fact that God really wanted us at Fellowship of the Parks for the time being. Through our time there we really did get refuge and comfort. After visiting their church plants I realized how ready I am to get back into the church planting scene. I fell in love with the Haslet campus! It had the excitement of a new pop up building and more construction to come. It wasn't perfect... there were way too many children in little rooms in a house yet my kids loved it. Until this moment every time Adam mentioned getting back into church planting I felt uneasy. There are so many ups and downs in planting, its hard work, and constant evaluation...who am I kidding? Church planting pushes you to evaluate your faith everyday and to trust even when you don't think you have it in you. I love that church planting pushes you out of your comfort zone and keeps you from complacency. So what is God doing?? We had two churches begin talking about planting in the next 2 years... funny how God does that... we are excited and already praying... we will see where that goes...
The next big thing that came out of Fellowship of the Parks for me was a break down. In just one simple comment made by the speaker God began to reveal to me how broken and bitter I was. I know that sounds crazy but I didn't feel like I was harboring any of that. Boy was I wrong. So God beat me up a little and redirected me. A good friend of ours that goes to FOTP gave me a book to read A Tale of Three Kings: A Study in Brokenness. With some reading, reflection, and prayer God began to restore my relationship with him and carried me out of that place.
So what's next??
As the summer began to draw to a close Adam received a phone call from the church we just left in June. They asked him to come back and and take on a full time job in their worship ministry. (This began happening while I was dealing with the brokenness I spoke of above) so when Adam came home I told him I just wasn't sure about that...we would really have to pray and God was going to have to really show us that we needed to be there. Through a course of conversations with some friends from that church who did not even know the opportunity we had just been given and some crazy events God revealed himself again. With the revelation, healing, and restoration we agreed to go back. I feel like this may be a spot of preparation, for how long- I am not sure, because I do believe that God is preparing us to plant again. So the next step is a mystery for now.
Last week was our first Sunday back and it was wonderful! It was great to see our friends that we had been missing and great to see Adam on stage and in his element. He also is part of a three person worship team that includes a friend he already worked with before at CPC and an old friend Kim (McCurdy) Wells. It has been great to see them working together again. So we are back and Adam has a dynamic team to work with. So we have a fresh start at a familiar place and we are excited to see what God is going to do.

No comments: