Saturday, September 4, 2010

Let's just say... I am not a kindergarten teacher!

This year at school we have a new principal and vice principal. Both are amazing Godly women! I am SO blessed to get to work there. They have been so encouraging right from the start!
Right before school started we had 28+ kids in each kindergarten class and were told that we were going to have to add a teacher. The teacher was to be determined but we needed to go ahead and pull those kids together into their own class before the year started. So my friend Lisa and I agreed to take on this class together until they found a teacher. Lisa and I had both taught first grade (she has been teaching first grade for a long time and now is a reading pull out teacher) and so we thought how hard can it be? Ha!! Lucky for us, and those poor kindergartners, we only had to be the teachers for the first three days of school. Lisa continued to be the teachers helper for the rest of the week just to get the kids settled. With this new experience I confirmed that I am not made to be a kindergarten teacher. This week I was back in my library. It was a great week. I am so blessed to have my job and my co-workers. So far it has been a great year. I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

No comments: