Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter!!!

Today we colored Easter eggs with our two little boys. They were in awe as the eggs turned colors. They kept putting them in and taking them out. Their fingers were so many different colors. At times this excitement led to much frustration for Adam and I as the dye would spill, or eggs were dropped. But all in all, it was a great time! I love their excitement over such a little thing!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays! It is a time when we get to celebrate without the awkwardness of opening presents while everyone watches and just hoping your expressions really show how much you appreciate something or someone. It is a time when there isn't the pressure of what to do, or who to invite, or what you should say in your cards. I love that I get to focus on my family at this time of year and there aren't expectations. But most of all, I love what this holiday means....
Christmas is nice because I get to celebrate my Savior, Jesus', birth. Yet, to me Easter is even better. Because Easter is about making Jesus my Savior. Before he sacrificed His life, after living it blamelessly, he was just another man. Many people say a good man, a man who did great things. Some people called his great things miracles, some called them coincidences. But when He was killed and put in a sealed and guarded tomb; yet, somehow managed to come back to life and live back on the Earth for 40 days before he ascended to heaven- that made Him extraordinary and divine. You see many people worship great men, Muhammad, Buddha, etc. And I must admit they were great men, but they weren't set apart like Christ was. They didn't die and come back to prove that they were who they said they were. And they didn't get beaten, and mocked and ridiculed and still forgive as they gave up their lives for people who didn't know that they needed him.
So tomorrow, as I celebrate Easter, I will be forever grateful. Because even when I didn't know I needed Him, He gave His life up for me. Even when I try to do things on my own, he stands by me and helps me anyway. Even when I don't understand why things are the way they are, or when I question Him, he remains forever patient with me. Because He is who he says He is, because He loves even when I am unlovable, because He made a way for me when I didn't deserve it- I will live for HIM!
Happy Easter everyone! I hope that this day means as much to you as it does to me.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't have said it better!